CrossFit, Inc. Scotts Valley, CA September 2017 - Present
CrossFit is a fitness regimen developed by Greg Glassman over several decades. Glassman, CrossFit's Founder and CEO, was the first person in history to define fitness in a meaningful, measurable way: increased work capacity across broad time and modal domains. He then created a program specifically designed to improve fitness and health.
Currently actively designing internal and client-facing user experiences.
All West Lacrosse Sunnyvale, CA January 2013 - September 2016
Small, fast paced environment, reporting directly to the COO and Director of Marketing at the top lacrosse company in Northern California.
Major Projects Include:
- Researched and designed the all new allwestlax.com, which was the 1st major design overhaul for the company since 2010; successfully launched in December 2015. Read about the process here.
- Completed strategic brand planning resulting in implementation of better communication of our prominence and geographical reach through a more responsive, modern layout and programs map (new plug-in implemented)
- Track metrics and make adjustments per analytics for social media
- User and competitive research, user flows, wireframing, card sorting and low and high fidelity layout creation to help the development and back-end team
- Developed program branding and advertising (print and web)
- Research design trends for youth target market, apparel and uniform design to maintain the brand's image
Consulted by project with agencies/companies to provide high quality designs
Greylock Partners Menlo Park, CA / March 2016 - Present
Major Projects include:
- Consulted and created package design for event attendee giveaway, a 375ml whiskey bottle label (over Maker's Mark bottle): researched whiskey label design trends, styles, collaborated with Greylock on overall look and feel, sent "live" mock ups for feedback and approval before producing the final version; Marketing Director remarked as one of their best pieces of swag & was posted on their social media
- Created event apparel branding for #productSF.
- Created package design for "Women in Tech(crunch)" fall 2016 event.
- Created pixel-perfect digital and print displays for 2016 Company Holiday Party
HEADstrong Foundation Holmes, PA / February 2008 - Present
Major Projects include:
Created annual program event booklets including photo editing, layout,typography and final packaging, ranging from 10 to 100 pages each; over 2000 distributed; full color booklets sold at HEADstrong major events
Created donor case study to encourage investors to join the HEADstrong cause and donate. 10 page brochure featuring company story, patient stories and how donors can help
Provided low and high fidelity prototypes and sample layouts and asset creation for 2013 redesign launch of new website
- Led concept and asset creation for national magazine advertising campaign called "Team of Champions" reaching about 1.7MM readers while remaining under budget.
- Worked closely with the marketing director to define the idea behind the campaign, created a low fidelity mock up for photographer to photograph each member one at a time
- Led creative strategy and creation of art campaign; edited and composited team members to be spotlighted in monthly magazine layouts, while also combining them in group shots. Creating a global awareness among the lacrosse community, increasing donations and event sponsorships
Topside Lacrosse, LLC Westchester, NY / May 2010 - Present
Major Projects include:
- Led development and creation of new website, topsidelacrosse.com
- Increased new users by 75% listed
MAI Construction, INC San Jose, CA / March 2014 - May 2014
- Conceptualized and produced artwork for front lobby display; photo mosaic using 4 separate 7' x 3.5' canvas panels showcasing the company's history over 40 years through photographs
OTHER RELEVANT EXPERIENCE
- Web Developer, 2002-2003 DELOITTE TOUCHE TOHMATSU - Glen Mills, PA
- Marketing Director, 2003-2004 THE SPORTS INSTITUTE- West Chester, PA
- Contracting Designer
- Lacrosse Evolution, Downingtown PA, 2006-2014
- Antonio's Training, Wilmington DE, 2012
- Baggataway Lacrosse Club, Wayne PA, 2011
- Capitol Lawn Service, Virginia, 2013
- Champions in Training , Ridley PA, 2005-2007
- CrossFit Riverfront, Wilmington PA , 2011-2012
- East Meets West Lacrosse, Utah, 2013-Present
- Encore Brand, LLC, San Francisco, CA, 2011-2012
- Lynchburg University Alumni, Lynchburg, VA, 2010-2012
- Cabrini University , Radnor PA, 2011-2012
- Philly Lax Cup, Radnor PA, 2012-Present
- Maverik Lacrosse, New York, NY , 2010-2013
- Stoney Creek Veterinary Hospital, Holmes PA, 2008-2010
- The Wilford Movement, Ardmore PA, 2012-Present
- Warrior Sports, Warren MI, 2008-2009
- Rightskill Program-Career Builder/Capella Learning Solutions, 2016
- Building Mobile-Friendly Web Experiences
- General Assembly, San Francisco, CA, 2015
- Code School, Online, 2015
- Front-End Formations
- Front-End Foundations
- Journey Into Mobile
- Antonelli Institute of Art and Photography, Erdenheim, PA, 2000-2002
- Associates Degree, Graphic Design
Kyle did exceptional work with a quirky design request. He has exceptional attention to detail, and he made sure the final product he delivered was pixel perfect.
-Elisa Schreiber, Marketing Partner, Greylock Partners
Kyle Garzia has been involved with the HEADstrong Foundation since our inception in 2007. His design concepts have always captured the culture and feel of our organization. He always understands our needs, is never afraid to ask questions and has never failed to meet a deadline. He does not get offended if we ask for a revision and always provides his expertise when we are doubt. I'm am very pleased with his outstanding work and am happy to recommend him.
-Cheryl Colleluori, President, HEADstrong Foundation
MAI Construction Inc. hired Kyle Garzia to take a concept we had seen and create a story of our 43 year history. He made the perfect piece for our business.
- Michael Mairose, President and CEO, MAI Construction, Inc.
Kyle has played an integral role in the growth and success of Top Side Lacrosse through his help developing and updating our website. His responsiveness and attention to detail allowed me to focus more on my business and worry less about the appearance and effectiveness of my website.
-Justin Otto, Owner, Top Side Lacrosse
Kyle is an endlessly creative designer that will give you a passionate effort when creating projects. He has the ability to design within a brief and meet all target costs of apparel or accessories being designed. He also has excellent graphic skills for all things print and digital.
-Kyle Sweeney, Former Chief Operation Officer & Managing Owner, Maverik Lacrosse, LLC
Back to top